Serenity and unlimited iced coffee. One of my favorite places to brunch, lunch and dine is Beechwood Cafe in Jersey City, NJ. It’s a few blocks from my apartment and it’s the absolute best during the weekday when no one else is there.

Hardly a celebratory venue, but it was the perfect spot to enjoy a few hours of the day. No forced meetings, inconvenient commutes for a job and company I hated. I loved the ability to sit back, suck down cold brewed goodness and soak in the calm. With that, I have a life update.

I left my full time job to backpack through Europe.

It’s going to be a crazy journey, especially because I’m still in the works of completing my itinerary. I’m leaving mid-April for Iceland, then Paris, and hoping to go through Italy and Greece after that.

I’ve got about two months to do, see and eat everything that New York City has to offer before I leave. I’m cleaning up house (lease ends at the end of March), and for the first time in a very long time I am hopeful, excited, motivated and focused on letting go of the past, accepting the new me to achieve the covetable notion of happiness.

To that, my friends, cheers. No champagne, just coffee and a little bit of cream.

6 COMMENTS ON "coffee for a change"

sue kyung
2 years 8 months ago

you are wonderful, best of luck to you jinna!

2 years 8 months ago

Thank you, Sue! I appreciate your kind words <3

2 years 8 months ago

Magnificent! Can’t wait to see (from photos) all the hiking you will do 🙂 Maybe it can be Grease & Glamour with a side of Grunge? Cheers to future endeavors; a journey of a thousand miles start with a single step! No need to swag it out over there; keep it humble and life will find a way to grace you well!

2 years 8 months ago

Thanks CHAU! I’m super excited, and yes since I’m taking only a backpack there will be VERY little fashion involved and a lot more hiking/exploring. I’ve never done anything like this (much less traveled anywhere but CA and Puerto Rico lol), so it’s going to be insane but I’m taking the big leap and will certainly be documenting every step. <3

2 years 4 months ago

Just found you gorgeous! So glad I did. Kudos to you. I’m doing the same…this time doing it right 😉 Can’t wait to share stories. xx

that place and that coffe are both looking great 🙂