At least I thought I was in an art gallery, judging from the exquisite furnishings, huge paintings and overall ridiculously luxurious rooms. Then I find out that the Holt Hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland is home to the largest privately owned art collection in all of Iceland.
Can you blame me for being a bit confused?
Of course this room would be my favorite – black and white and fun all over.
Blame the four-straight-day exploring, or the convenient black-out curtains in their suites – either way, my stay at the Holt Hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland was the best sleep I’d had in a VERY long time.
The sheets were plush, the bed was uber comfortable, and the room was extremely cozy.
But most importantly? It was DEAD QUIET.
No kids running around, no sirens, no crazy drunkards roaming the streets – just the cool Icelandic air and sweet silence.
I took a few minutes to soak in this view…
Then I proceeded to pass out. Was it light outside? Yes. Did it matter? Hell no. Their curtains cover every inch of floor to ceiling window and would make a vampire feel just as home as I did.
Then I woke up and had the most magnificent hotel breakfast of my Icelandic trip. Extra points for eating AND sleeping in an art gallery.
In short, the Holt Hotel is an awesome place that’s close enough to downtown Reykjavik, yet still ‘away from it all.’
- The furnishings make you feel like you’re in an art gallery.
- The staff is super helpful, and modern. – They booked our airport shuttle for us on the spot, and if you’ve got any questions you can live chat with the reception desk online.
- Speaking of online, super fast wifi service. (Hey, that’s important to a blogger)
- The breakfast was sooooooooooooo good. They even had a table set up with plastic shot glasses to take shots of vitamins in the morning. =O
- It’s romantic, relaxing and quiet. I wish I had a boyfriend with me to enjoy all of its goodness.
Super big thank you to the Holt Hotel team for inviting me to stay with them and experience the fantastic hotel. I’d highly recommend staying here if you’re planning a trip to Iceland. Check out all of the Trip Advisor reviews here.