Ahh, Aruba – the Happy Island. I spent four wonderful sun-filled days on this beautiful island, and there is plenty to do, see, eat and explore. Here is a list of 15 things I recommend doing during your time here.
1. Jump off of a boat into clear blue waters.
I hopped on a snorkel and sail tour with Red Sail Sports and made friends with the hundreds of fish surrounding the reefs.
2. Have breakfast in bed.
Wake up and order room service, have breakfast in a comfy hotel bed (mine was the Hyatt Regency Hotel) and fuel your body for whatever you plan to do that day.
3. Get out on the beach and soak in the view.
Because you deserve it.
4. Climb down the steps to visit the Natural Pool.
When it’s not extremely windy, you can dip into the Natural Pool – a beautiful 14-15 ft. pool along the North Coast of the island.
5. Four-wheel along the Northern Coast of the island.
Get a little adventurous with your exploring on a four-wheeler. P.S. You may get a little dusty.
6. Soak in the sunset on Palm – Eagle Beach.
The sun sets right into the water, and it is one of the most magnificent ways to spend the golden hour.
7. Have some downtime in the shade.
Those tiki umbrellas are there for you, darling.
8. Spend a few hours walking around the Ayo and Casibari Rock Formations.
Surround yourself with cacti and iguanas underneath the Aruba sun.
9. Get a birds-eye view of the island.
Climb to the top of one of the Rock Formations and get a birds-eye view of the entire island.
10. Stay at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
There are so many places to lounge, relax – in the shade or in the sun – thanks to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Oh, and make sure you get a cocktail at the swim-up bar.
11. Visit the Bushiribana Ruins.
This Gold Smelter Fort was built around the abandoned gold mines that were the center of Aruba’s gold rush during the nineteenth century.
12. Have a snack at the food trucks parked outside.
You’ll find lots of these trucks parked outside the attractions around the island. Sip on the national beer of Aruba, so appropriately-named: ‘Chill.’ Cute and inviting, isn’t it?
13. Dip your toes in the sand while dining on lobster at Footprints Restaurant.
Flip flops off, lobster in mouth.
14. Drive around the Northern Coast of the island.
The Northern Coast of Aruba is home to the most amazing, peaceful and breathtaking landscapes – waves crashing onto cliffs, natural bridges and amazing scenery. You’ll also stone towers all over the beach – per tradition – make sure you build your own tower and make a wish.
15. Wander around the untouched beauty of Aruba’s desert landscape.
Because there is just something so hauntingly peaceful about this place.
And now for the grand finale – a short video documenting all the good stuff that went on behind the scenes during my 4-day trip in Aruba!
Got any other tips? Leave a comment below! Thank you so much for reading. Follow me on instagram for day to day photo updates + motivational messages: @projectinspo. Photos of me were taken by the lovely Amy Marietta and Hogger & Co Photography.
With love, Jinna