From the beach bumming luxury-lover to the hiking history-buff – Greece is a country that’s vibrant, dynamic and filled with picturesque places that make the country everything anyone could ever dream of.   Depending on your accommodations, choices of food and length of stay, a trip to Greece could be a history-filled outdoors adventure, quick and cheap holiday or a luxurious getaway – and that’s the best part about it: you can make it anything you want it to be.

Here are 16 places around Greece that I chiseled into my bucket list.

1. Mount Athos, Halkidiki

10. The Old Fortress, Corfu Town

Gouvia, Corfu | Greece

11. Cape Keri, Zante

12. The Blue Grotto, Zante

13. Seitan Limania, Crete

seitan limania

14. Roussanou, St. Nicholas Anapafsas & Great Meteoron Monasteries in Meteora, Thessaly

meteora greece

15. Smuggler’s Cove, Zante

16. Grace Santorini Hotel, Santorini

Santorini, Greece

You’re almost completely guaranteed good weather in Greece in the summer. Temperatures are usually in the 30s (80s fahrenheit), and you can expect about 12 hours of sunshine a day. You’ll also hardly see a drop of rain in July and August.  I am, however, a big fan of traveling in the shoulder months (April-May, September-October), as the weather is a bit cooler. You’ll still see plenty of sun, but the temperature will be more comfortable, around the mid 20s (70s fahrenheit).

Hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you for reading! Do you have any suggestions on where to go or what to see in Greece? Leave them in the comments below!

With love,

17 COMMENTS ON "16 Places That Make Greece Everything You’ve Ever Dreamed Of"

I love Greece. Thank you for this inspiring article and really stunning inspiration.

I shared my infatuation with the works of an amazing Greek photographer on my blog :

I totally love Greece, it’s my favorite holiday destination because all die islands are so different, that country really has everything you need for a perfect holiday!

love, Turn it inside out

Love this list! 🙂 Thank you so much for the recommendations of places to visit. All of these highlights look absolutely breathtaking, and I’d love to visit some time soon!

xoxo, elizabeth t.

Omigosh I’d love to go all those beautiful places too. Greece is just a gorgeous country :3

NICOLE’S NOTEBOOK – lifestyle, food, travel & beauty+

Leila Gunn

I recently stayed in the Sensatori Resort in Crete and it was just so beautiful. I’d love to see more of Greece, and I think your list gives a great idea of where to start!

Why did I read this?? haha. I am DYING to go to Greece, and now, even more so. That fortress in Crete? Get out of here!

the photos are mind-blowing!

September Rules

I have been dying to go to Greece for so long! I really want to see Santorini and Mykonos, specifically. Adding many of these to my list as well!
x Nora

ugh these all look amazing!! i want to go to them all

You’ve missed out Milos, an island with the clearest and most turquoise waters you’ve ever seen! It’s not too touristy like Santorini or Mykonos. So there is plenty of time to chill, relax and beach hop.
find out more here: http://www.belaroundtheworld.WordPress.Com

Isabel 🙂

This is a fantastic list! Assos is very reminiscent of Manarola, Cinque Terra-five quaint fishing villages-on the Liguarian coast of Italy. Colorful houses perched on the hillside..overlooking the gorgeous blue green sea..!

Everyone I know who has ever talked about going to Greece always talks of Santorini. I’m not sure why, but I’ve always been drawn to Crete. I think it’s because I used to hear the name so much in Greek mythology class I took back in college. Literally know nothing about Crete though. Lol.

Crete is a great island, and only a few hours from Santorini by boat 🙂

I absolutely love Greece, and just got back from a trip to Zante/Zakynthos! I actually wrote a post about Smuggler’s Wreck (number 15 on the list), read it here – 🙂 Santorini is beautiful as well, one of my favourite places 🙂

Maria Polydorou

thank you for the wonderful article and photos.. i could think of 12 more reasons to visit Greece but by viewing your choices, i believe you should also visit the island of polyaigos.. she lies in between kimolos and milos in the aegean sea and is absolutely stunning.

Oh there’s lots to do and see in Greece I don’t know where to start from! On the island front: Lefkada (and particular Porto Katsiki and Egremni beaches), Milos, Mykonos, Sifnos. Crete has so many things to see and do (eg. King Minos palace in Knossos) plus killer beaches. Halkidiki has some beautiful beaches as well, but you can’t visit Mount Athos as women are not allowed there (it’s a monks’ society). You can visit the monasteries in Meteora though (just wear a long skirt and avoid wearing a tank top)! Currently on my blog I have tips for getting… READ MORE »
Fearless Flights ✈

What a great list! The only place I’ve been able to make it to so far is Corfu and that most certainly wasn’t a let down! Thanks for the incredible ideas, I’ll be sure to add Zante and Crete to my Greece bucket list now.